Friday, April 22, 2016

My kind of romantic song - I don't want to miss a thing

Song and music are special to each individual. One likes one over another. I love songs with some dramatic tune and surrounding a dramatic story. I cannot explain it but I prefer rock style, you could guess which age I am coming from.

Just the other day, I listened to this relative new musical instrument called Harperjji and this song was played, so nostalgic and good feeling to listen to it over and over again ! To think its a Hard Rock band that made it famous ! Wow ! I am surprised with myself.



The music and emotion is just so fine. It is so melodious and captivating. I could not have enough of it.

Here is the original song by Aerosmith lead singer and you would not believe what a rock star he is. I may not like his style but for this song, he sang so well, all the emotions and notes.

Here is another version by Mark Chestnutt which to me its a gentlemen's version of the song.

Aerosmith – I Don't Want To Miss A Thing Lyrics

I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away and dreaming
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure

Don't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing

Lie close to you feeling your heart beating
And I'm wondering what you're dreaming
Wondering if it's me you're seeing
Then I kiss your eyes
And thank God we're together
I just wanna stay with you in this moment forever
Forever and ever

Don't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing

I don't want to miss one smile
I don't want to miss one kiss
I just want to be with you
Right here with you, just like this
I just want to hold you close
Feel your heart so close to mine
And just stay here in this moment
For all the rest of time

Don't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing

Don't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
I don't want to miss a thing
Songwriters: WARREN, DIANE


From Wikipedia, this is what was written about the song and why I remember it as it was pretty famous at one time.

"I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" is a power ballad performed by American hard rock band Aerosmith for the 1998 film Armageddon. Written by Diane Warren, the song debuted at number one on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 (the first #1 for the band after 28 years together). It is one of three songs performed by the band for the film, the other two being "What Kind of Love Are You On" and "Sweet Emotion." The song stayed at number one for four weeks from September 5 to September 26, 1998. The song also stayed at number 1 for several weeks in several other countries. In the UK, the song peaked at number four, becoming Aerosmith's highest charting song in the UK, where it was the 17th best-selling single of 1998, and has sold over a million copies.


No comments:

Post a Comment