Thursday, March 16, 2017

Psalm 27 Special Plead for life

Psalm 27

The Lord is my light and my salvation,
Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life, 
of whom shall I be afraid?
Though a multitude of demons rise up within me,
my heart shall not fear.
Though doubts and guilt do battle, 
yet shall I remain confident.

One thing have I asked of the Lord, 
that I shall ever seek: that I might dwell
in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, 
to behold the beauty of my Beloved, 
and to know the Lord’s plan.
For I shall hide in the Lord’s heart
In the day of trouble,
As in a tent in the desert,
Away from the noise of my fears.

And I shall rise above struggles, my pai,
shouting blessings of gratitude in the Lord’s heart, 
and singing melodies of praise to my Beloved.

Hear, O my Lord, when I cry aloud,
be gracious and answer me!
You have said, “Seek my face.”
My heart responds, “Your face, my Beloved, do I seek;
hide not your face from me.”
Do not turn from me,
You who have been my refuge.
Enfold me in your strong arms,
O Blessed One.

Though my father and mother may not understand me, 
You, my Beloved, know me and love me.
Teach me to love, as You are Love; 
lead me through each fear; 
hold my hand as I walk through valleys of doubt each day, 
that I may know Your peace.
I believe that I shall know the realm of Heaven, 
of Love, here on earth!
Wait for the Beloved,
be strong with courage of the heart;
Yes! Wait for the Beloved of your heart!

—Psalms for Praying by Nan Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment