Saturday, January 31, 2015

My brain leaks

Oh dear, I just realise, my brain actually does have a leak. I have constant brain leak, ideas and thoughts would come into my mind, I could entertain them for a long time, 30 to 60 minutes and then by evening, they are gone, forgotten, not a trace. How sad is that ?

Some days, I could have a well-thought through stories but I had no time to pen or type them down and much later, I could not recall it at all. On another day, I could have a perfect To-Do-List, I rehearse the list, frame my mind mentally to complete that list, alas, I has no time to type them on my hand phone and then suddenly I would forget them and getting lost in the busy schedule of the day.

Sometimes I wonder with all the Internet and cloud documents like Google Doc and Drop Box, I could have an easy document of what I need to do.

Here are my five tips to prevent brain leak or mental slip.

Tip # 1 Jot it down somewhere
Write it down somewhere, somehow quickly if you can. The best write down is still on the smart phone with a check box, that be the best. Even better if we jot the down on the Schedule list under Google Tasks, usually this is for longer objectives. 

I have learnt what get written down, gets down, even if they are back to back activities. Much an be achieved.

Tip # 2 Frame it mentally how to accomplish the realistic list
Start with the perfect list, that is to complete and check off every items on the list, picture yourself driving, cleaning, cooking etc and organise the list based on logistic and schedule of the day. Allow changes if the kids suddenly asked to be sent elsewhere.

Tip # 3 Be flexible and don't be harsh on yourself
As the day unfolds itself, things happened, events ensued, circumstances changed, people got in our ways, someone needed a chat, a comfort, just adjust and drop off the list as you go through the day. Don't be unforgiving to yourself. It is even possible on certain well-meaning day when we starts off with a good do-able list and we end up accomplishing nothing on that list ! 

Tip # 4 Guard your list of priority
If you are hitting a deadline for certain things then the To-Do list of those days need guarding and protection. If our friends suddenly call us up for tea or lunch, we just have the strength to say No, whether we tell the truth or just give an excuse, we have to guard our priority to complete some or all of the list that day. Life is not a bed of roses, after all.

Tip # 5 You do not need a To-Do List everyday
If we have a To-Do List everyday, it gets boring and not satisfying. There is an urge within to ruin and spoil the plan. There are days, when the body is so tired that it will fight for some quiet moments to run away from daily routines or special tasks. The body and mind just want a break. Allow that to happen. Forgive and love yourself.

Total :- About 543 Words

No comments:

Post a Comment