Saturday, January 17, 2015

Conversations of Martha and The Lord

Disclaimer : Here is a totally made-up, personalised conversations between Martha and her Lord inside her kitchen on the day the Lord came to visit her. A fictitious account.

After some time the Lord sees that Martha is not in the Living Room and being there with the crowd, He goes into the kitchen to look for her.

Lord : Hi Martha, I see that you are busy. Do you have a spare moment for me ?

Martha's heart skipped a beat, what is he doing inside my kitchen, oh my messy kitchen and all the cooking, smell and unsightly state of the kitchen mess ! Her head is spinning.

Martha : Yes, my Lord. Of course I could make time for you. Anytime for you Lord. Would you like a cup of my special brewed tea ?

Lord : Yes, I would like that, I am a bit thirsty now after telling some parables to the crowd.
The Lord sits there at the kitchen table area and sip in the tea slowly.
Lord : This is very refreshing. I like the herbal taste of it. Its certainly very organic.
Martha smiles. It is not everyday that she gets a special guest to visit her in her "office" where she toils and labours on days and ends to entertain parties people at her home. Her brother and sister and her are very hospitable people.

Martha : I am delighted that you have come to visit our home. I still remember your parables and stories. Mary and I still talk about them some times over meals and just before we sleep. When we cannot sleep, we will tell the story of the Lost Sheep and how the last one has to be found to be complete.

Lord : I am glad you are such diligent students. You know I am very fond of your family. You are like family to me. Lazarus is like a brother to me.

Martha : I wrote a song for you, my Lord. But I am too shy to tell it.

The Lord : Please read it to me.
The Lord is eager to hear what is from Martha's heart.

Martha wipes away flour from her hands and she takes out the piece of folded paper from her pocket. She reads it softly and still shy about it.

The Lord is coming to my home
What shall I prepare Him ?
The feast to fill Him up and the crowd that follows
I must take care of that

The Lord is coming to my home
What do I need to prepare ?
The tables chairs be wiped clean and floors to be shined
I must get that done

Then the Lord gestures her to pause and He continues for her

Martha, I have come into your home
What have you prepared for me ?
Such a feast for me and the crowd
I am much honoured

Martha, you are like family to me
I see how much you have prepared
More important is your heart and be with me
Having my presence in you

Martha understands what the Lord is trying to say.
Marth : I just cannot stay still, Lord, so much to accomplish to get the dinner ready for tonight. I guess someone has to sacrifice. I see that Mary is seated comfortably at your feet. I do feel the urge to ask her to come into my kitchen to help. But I know you want her to be there and you want me to be there too.

Lord : You know my heart very well, Martha. The time will come that I will no longer be with you and that makes my presence now precious and you must treasure and don't let go. Mary has chosen her portion and it will not be taken away from her. How about you ?

Martha : You are always right, Lord. I believe in you. You are the Christ who has come into the world. I will come in and join now.


* Note :- 676 Words







No comments:

Post a Comment