Friday, January 23, 2015

Dear Future-Me

Dear Future-Me,

I send greeting from your past and hope that this letter will find you healthy and well. More importantly that you are able to find fulfillment in life. Congratulations for getting where you are today and becoming who are you ! It is a great achievement I am sure. It is wonderful feeling to be alive.

Since you are in the future, you will have known all the mistakes that I have made and shortcomings I made, I just pray that you will forgive me for being negative in the mind, harsh on the body, junk food and weight I have piled on you, laziness and procrastination that have caused much failures in your life thus far.

I guess this is just a confession letter, to make peace with the past and future, to pull ourselves together ! Here are the mistakes that I have made and I hope you will not continue on making them or have got rid of them.

Living life too fully. I have tried to cramp everything into my life, alas, I forgot that everyone has 24 hours a day and there is no extra bonus for those who filled up 24 hours with too many things. There was little catching of breath, 15 minutes gap between one activity to the next. The feeling is just not enough time.

Compromising Sleep. I lost this big time ! I prided myself that I do not need much sleep that I am an "owl" and rising late during the day is my speciality. Well, I have learnt that 3 hours sleep lost is not recoverable with 3 hours sleep. It will take longer and more nights to recover what I lost. In the beginning, I could not go like 48 hours to 72 hours with literally no sleep and only slept at the 60th hours or son. Gone are those days that I could do it. The brain also fail to function fully when I am lack of sleep.

Thinking Health can be bought or recovered later. When I have more time, I will go to the gyms or pick up one exercise. There is no better time than make time for it if it is important to you. I learnt that successful people put healthy as priority number 1 and that means they will wake up at 5am everyday just to fulfill their exercise quota before they start the day and enjoy the rest of food.

Indulgence is addictive. Any form of indulgence be it, food, drinks, snacks, chocolate, facebook, social media, blogging (ops!), too much of anything is simply addiction ! Once you are addicted, you have a problem to resolve.

Procrastination has dragging effects. The down side of procrastination is you drag on too long and you outdo yourself in the list of things to do. Like, you waited for a better time and commitment to start taking dietary supplement and then it expired ! There is never a better or best time ! The moment is now and act now is the best !

Here are my confessions of my folly and mistakes and sins. Please forgive me and I pray that you have recovered from all these and be well in your soul at this time. Remember everyday is your prime day, your prime time. There is no better day to begin to live better, to love yourself more, to treat your body better !

Note :- 575 Words

No comments:

Post a Comment