Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Cues from a Virus (Corona Virus)






I want to learn to ask the BIG QUESTION about life, about living, about dying. At this point of time when the whole world is stricken down with COVID-19 pandemic; cities after cities in total lock-down; only essential services allowed to practise; certain economic driven to a stop; pollution is instantly lessen to the point that the environment is recovering; this is the right time to ask BIG QUESTIONS. This is not the time to ask for petty things: How many followers you have in social media? Am I dressed well for the function? Are my things fancy enough? These questions sound small and unimportant. Here are the Big Questions to ask during this COVID-19 pandemic.

 

What did Corona Virus teach you about living ?

To live or die is not something we can decide for ourselves, although precaution can be taken. Majority of the those who perished due to COVID-19, caught the virus unexpectedly.

If we can wake up in the morning, we can be sure that God has something for us to do today. Our job is to find that purpose of living and live it out!

For me to live is Christ to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. (Philippians 1:21-22). This is true at this time, as Christians, do we live our life abundantly as Christ has promised to give us in John 10:10.

 

What has Corona Virus taught you about how to live from now on ?

Cherish my life, find my purpose and my destiny in Christ. Live it out in full!

Cherish my loved ones around me. Connect families through social media and message groups, show that we care for one another. Provide help when needed.

Cherish health, look after it, strengthen it, care for it, so that the body is ready to fight anytime. 1 Corinthian 9:25-27.

 

What have you learnt during this period of COVID-19 Pandemic ?

Living with families in closed confined space has to be intentional. We do not take our loved ones for granted, just assuming everyone is doing well without caring and asking them how they are coping. It is the best time to bond as a family, be there for one another every day!

We have to live to grow into a better version of me every day. Philippians 3:12-14

More time to learn and discover new things, new recipes, new hobbies, new web resources.

 

During lockdown at home, where do you feel most at home?

I feel most at home when I am preparing a new challenging recipe for my family to try. So, it is typically conceiving the idea in front of the laptop, making it happen in the kitchen.

I feel most at home when I am using the laptop to watch a documentary or learn a new recipe or write a new blog post journaling my learning and my life. I do almost everything here at the Laptop.

I feel most at home when I laid my heard on the pillow in the big sofa chair for a read or a snooze, a power nap or exhausted recovery. I feel energised after that.

 

What happen if you caught COVID-19 virus?

I will place my hope and faith in God to enable my body to put up a good fight and not surrender. 1 Timothy 6:12

I will place my confidence in the hands of doctors and nurses who will give their best to nurse me back to health.

I will place my hope in my loved ones to keep me in prayers and intercede for me until I am fully recovered.  



No comments:

Post a Comment