Friday, June 16, 2017

Butter Cake

During my childhood, Butter Cakes were our Birthday Cakes that my mum baked personally for us and brought to share in our Kindergarten class for me and my siblings. Back in those days, celebrating birthdays in class would be the Butter Cake, fried noodles and some goodies pack mum packed for our friends.

I am not a great fan of Butter Cakes, the fact that it is full of fat and oil is visible on the cake makes me feel really guilty to eat them. I love something light, as I could eat more slices without feeling full.

But it is always good to have a recipe for Butter Cake. This recipe is modified by Amelia.

Butter Cake

250 gm Butter
100 gm Castor Sugar
210 gm Cake Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Soda Bicarbonate (neutralise the flour)
4  Eggs Large (4 Eggs + 1 Yolk Original recipe)
1 tsp Vanilla (optional)
3-4 Tbsp Milk
Pinch of Salt

1. Whisk Egg White till stiff.
2. Separate Eggs yolks and white.
3. Use a mixer to blend Sugar, Butter till pale in colour.
4. Add in egg yolks, lastly flour by batches
5. Add Egg White into Batter and gently mix well.

8 inch tin Bake 160 C 45-50 mins




Note :-

- My oven is a bit too hot and the cake was a bit too brown and dry. I should reduce temperature to 150 C. 
- Perhaps, I do not need to use Soda Bicarbonate, there was a tint of alkaline taste in this cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment