Thursday, August 4, 2016

Butter Cake Sweet Memory of mum

My Dearest Mum,

It is 4th August and two days before my 22nd Wedding anniversary, and ten months since you left us for glory. I must say, I still miss you. I think of you lesser and the heart is not so sad or heavy as before but don't get it wrong, mum, that I have forgotten you or missed you less. Missing a person is like keeping the person in a special place in our hearts, it is like never to let go, although physically it is a separation for we cannot see each other as we want it. But keeping in our hearts is a deeper feeling, we still feel connected deep inside.  It is kind of 

Little things and incidents in life remind us of you, what would mum do ? As events unfold in our life, we still think of you, what would mum say ? Often, your candid and funny jokes and tales still come up at our dining table. Dad would join in with a bit of cheer. He loves to hear your jokes and tales. To hear us, your children still talking about you and what would you do or say in certain situations is assuring for dad, that we have not forgotten you. 

On 1st July, it would have been your 79th birthday on this earth, I was not able to wish you Happy Birthday on facebook or whatsapp. To me, once we miss the opportunity while one is still alive, some opportunities are just gone. I just could not do it, perhaps one day, I will be able to do that. 

I thought of you twice this week, last weekend I baked Butter Cake since 1992 ? Just kidding, I mean since a long time ago, I have been baking Rich Cakes, Sponge Cakes, and all sorts of cakes but not Butter Cake. When I smelled the Butter cake, I remember you as you only baked Butter cakes and you used to bake the yummiest Birthday Cake without icing and brought to our Kindergarten classes to celebrate our birthdays ! We were very proud kids to have home-made birthday cakes. 

Then Andrew talked about visiting Labuan for a short trip and we were talking about duty-free alcohol and chocolate and I mentioned textiles is cheaper too. Then I told them before I got married in 1994, 22 years ago, you and I went for a trip to Labuan in early 1994 to buy textiles for my wedding needs. I bought the entire household curtains (7 large windows) textiles from there and both you and I managed to buy our evening gowns materials, mine was cream colour, mum was maroon red. To both of us, it was excellent deals. 

Mum, you have always been a good sport for us. You were always gamed enough to try something new with short notice and planning, you could just join the band wagan and go along with the no-plan game plans. You enjoyed the delights of little things in life. To me, you were always very resourceful and well connected. In that Labuan trip, we stayed with your long-time friends and saved some money in hotel so that we could shop more. 

Both are sweet memories of our precious time together. I love you, mum. 

Your daughter, 

Tyng-Tyng
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment