Tuesday, May 19, 2015

How deep is your love

How deep is your love
lovers want to know
before they embark on
a life-long journey of loving and embrace
We just have to be sure
Because there is no turning back of time

No one tells us marriage is hard work
We have to work on it to make it works
The feelings The loving all can subside
Romance can be weathered off
It may not be lasting forever
The glorious feeling called love

As days turn to months and months to years
We have weathered off our relationship
We stay on because of commitment and ties
Many little mouths depend on us to do that
And we hope we be still in love
But How deep is your love

Some days marriage is lonely
Some days marriage is burdensome
Some days marriage is bitter sour
Hospital, funeral and taking care of elders
Tackling quarrelsome difficult children
Every minute on the clock is hard to pass

I caught you caring loving still
Life has to go on no matter what's the feel
Commitment is spelled with many 'M's
Moments after moments that's what we live for
I know the depth of your love
Locked up and deep within you

I love you to the core.
You are the core of my soul.
Though I don't feel top of the world
Everyday living here with you
But deep within  me I know
We are made for one another

I seldom express my love to my soul mate, as we journeyed this life together as partners in crime, companion for life. Once upon a time, when we were still young at heart, we used to write letters and cards, those sweet cards of greetings. But now, we just lost this habits when we got real busy with living. Nowadays, our love was spelled out in paying for bills, taking care things that we are expertise in, making sure the kids are not too rebellious.

How does one measure one's love ? Is it one cup full to the brim as called for in recipes ? Is it a credit free financial account for the family to use for kids' educations ? Is it counted by the speed of heart beats in tantrum to the rhythm of one another ? It is a bit of everything. One cannot be exactly sure which is which when it comes to how deep is the love for one another. 

But this much I do know, we have learnt to love one another out of nothing when we were still poor in finance and social status. We have chosen to love one another under the covenant of marriage, committed to life's ends, forsaking all others and love as deep as we can. We have purposed to love in all eternity under the celestial sphere of earth. In loving, we know there is only God who could love us more, in loving, we learn that we could not out-love what God has loved us with, the Agape Unconditional Love. Our love pales in comparison to the saviour's love for us. Our love dissolves like vapour in the chill of winter, our love is just few breadths of warmth compared to the heat of the sun. Our love is like mono hue of gray, in comparison to the full and rich colours of rainbow arrays.  

One day, when we finally reach heaven's shore, I hope we could still cherish our love on earth, I hope we are thankful for this romance that we have had, that we could say to one another, "Thank you for loving me and showing me what love can be. Your love has enriched my life, made my life complete and made me feel and understand the depth of God's love more! And yes, at the end of earthly life and at the start heavenly glory, I could say to you, "Darling, I have loved you to the core."".

~April 2015





No comments:

Post a Comment