Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Religious extremists in our world


God Of Hope.......

All my life, I have been spoiled by peace and harmony, brought up in a loving environment where children's welfare and education were viewed as family's top investment priority. I grew up believing that the sky is the limit and I can be what I aspire and dream to be. Having been born at a time that Malaysia did not experience any wars or social unrest, I view all mankind are good and kind. I believe there is goodness in everyone. I was taught to respect others religions and practices and keep my religious convictions and beliefs to myself and to practice among those who subscribe to it. After all, religions can never be forced upon anyone. Even within a family, the parent could instill and inculcate the love for their belief and religion but to make decision on behalf of the children is next to impossible. Such is the peace and harmony that I have come to know and claim to be my constitutional rights. Peace-loving, harmony-respectful, that is what we represent and we are. 

But it seems lately, all that we hear in the news media is the contradiction of our belief system, against what we have been taught and against what our constitution upholds. The world as a whole have seen more terrorism coming out from various extremist religious groups, there is one religion that stand out in all these extremists stories. They are causing suffering among other religions, they create fear among all who hear their name. It makes all religious teaching for love, forgiveness a mockery in the face. As to respect to the human race, none. As  to their worship of God, they are worst than those who do not believe in God.

How could things go so wrong ? Why is their so much hatred on others ? Why pick on one religion ? Where is God when these things are happening against His people ? Have we angered him and we left us to suffer under man? So many questions and no one is able to answer.

Where is justice when we need it ? Where is the world's self professed policeman ? Why do they not police all these violent and killings ? Where are all the super heroes? Even in social media, aside spreading the errie video footings of the killing, there have been very little comment by the keyboard warrior ?

I am guilty as charged. I have been silent on this killing and protesting. I have been avoiding the topic and refuse to comment on the postings that I see everyday. 

In far away land, christian brothers and sisters were killed in mass, they are suffering on a daily basis. They did no wrong but treated as criminals. Closer to home, we have been restricted in calling God as "Allah" in Peninsular Malaysia, but we could God "Allah" in Sabah and Sarawak. This has sparkled some many jokes about our Bahasa Malaysia Alkitab obtained from Sarawak, brought over to Peninsular Malaysia for personal usage, so is that legal ? Questions that are too stupid to even answer them. 

I am really torn apart by the suffering, it grieved me to see suffering, part of me is so angry and furious, how could this be allowed to happen again and again ? Part of me is very helpless, is there something that I could do to soothe the pain of those who suffer or stop all these brutality ? What are we to make sense of these madness ? I even want to question God, "Where are you Lord ?" I know You are right there among their midst, you are suffering among them. I wish the flesh-eating disease will spread among them fast and wipe them out, I wish thunder will strike them all dead, I wish to see the wrath of God come upon them as in the Old Testament days when the Lord God was mocked and insulted. I wish. But I am such evil person myself to have harbored such evil thoughts. 

How can I make sense of the sufferings that are happening to God's children in other places ? What can I do to the constantly endangered brothers and sisters in Christ ? Could I do nothing ? Without emphathy or turn a blind eye to all these cruelty ? What is the Christian's right response to all these ?

God is not blind nor is He deaf
Of the sufferings of His Children in His Name
Hope will prevail among His Children that He is still on the throne

The following remarks come from Coptic Christian Bishop Antonios, speaking on behalf of the
Ethiopian Church regarding this latest butchery of Christians who refuse to accept Islam:
[W]e continue to look at these events with the eyes of faith. The chain of martyrs has not finished, and will accompany the whole history until the end. Christians do not seek martyrdom, they want to live in peace and joy. But if martyrdom comes, it is comforting to see that it can be accepted with the same peace which was accepted by the Copts who pronounced the name of Christ and they relied on Him as they were being slaughtered. The Church has never complained of martyrdom, but has always celebrated martyrs as those in whom, while they are being killed, the great and consoling victory of Christ shines.


 http://www.raymondibrahim.com/muslim-persecution-of-christians/christians-accept-execution-rather-than-islam/

No comments:

Post a Comment