Sunday, July 14, 2019

Maid Detox Journal

Our maid left us on 8 August 2018, wow, 8-8-2018, very prosperous hopefully for us and her. We bid farewell nicely and it is the right time to let go. This is harder that we think and a question on my mind is am I ready for this ?

The big deal is that she has been our maid for 15 years, in between the short years we had other replacement maids for 3-6 months and then a Filipino maid for 18 months, in the end, I asked her to come back as I got fed-up with maids giving me excuses. 

I have made up my mind. When a woman made up her mind, it is often a sure and dangerous thing, both at the same time. It is a sure and steadfast decision for there is likely no turning back of time or decision and it is a one-way street down, for better or for worse. It is dangerous for herself and her family,  on good days, everyone is happy, the house is kept clean and tidy, on lousy days, there be screams and shouts lamenting how bad the house looks like dog-house!

 As a strategist and horrific planner, I do more planning in my brain than with my hands, I think too much and procrastinate a lot more than necessary. So, here are some basic directions of where we are heading and how bumpy the near future will be.

Week # 1 8-12 August
This week, I have to get used to the timing of cooking dinner without missing my exercises on certain days but I was prepared to forgo some exercises for now.

Bel learnt a lot this week, washing clothes with washing machine, hanging to dry, ironing using steamer, mopping floors, vacuuming, 

On 10 August Saturday, I did a big clean and wash up from car porch, mopping downstairs, washing downstairs toilets. It was a good feeling to feel so clean. But alas, the next day Sunday dinner, the floor was oily again. So I think I can only mop the floor on Sunday evening after everyone is gone. The second mop could be Wednesday or Thursday evening.

Week #3 20-26 August 2018
On Tuesday 21 August, I managed to complete all my electric appliances that could help me in my cleaning and cooking, to date, I have bought, steam iron, Vacuum Cleaner, Sharp Microwave Oven and Air Fryer. And I need to think of storage and when to put what for the frequent in use items and those not so frequently use.

Today 22 August is Day 15th after our maid left us, we are still surviving, things are still very untidy, in fact, worse than before as we are re-arranging and throwing out things stored at the wrong places. I still struggle with cooking dinner, not all nights, dinner are served on time, sometimes delayed, like last night both chicken and rice were a little bit uncooked in the rice cooker, I had to manually cut up and mixed the rice up to re-heat it 5 times.

22 August (Hari Raya Haji) Today's Tasks :-
House Spring Clean List :-

1) Master bedroom - vacuum, mop, wash toilet, change bedsheet - this took a long time (I started 11am), I spent some time taking shower, replying messages. But in the end, I am satisfied with what I have done. What are left undone, the 2 side walls not clean yet, my dressing table area all still in a mess until I forget what items I have; my clothings not in my order that I could find them easier and the toilet sink top still full of bottles. I need find a time that I am in the mood to throw things away easily.  But I am super happy with the toilet. 
2) Upstairs - store, floor, boys' toilet - almost gave up but thankfully I did it. The boys toilet as like POW toilet with few inmates died inside before. The layers of dirt were harden on the floor mosaic, I have to hand-brushed them. By the time I finished, it was 3:30 pm, I could feel my body going soft.
3) I decided to mop the stairs downward and then the entire downstairs. That took some time as I paused to eat some fruits - durian and even Sinalau Bakas.

It is now 5 pm, I need to complete 3 tasks before dinner time at 7pm:-

1) Dye my hair
2) Prepare Dinner - salad and heat up food
3) Vacuum downstairs
Note: I did them but till midnight.

Tonight I hope to focus on my Gardening reading and write up planning. (Nope, you did not do it again!)



Week #4 27 August - 2 Sept 2018

Yes, this is almost coming to a month and we are slowly throwing and re-organising things that have been stuffed away, they have re-appeared, a lot to be thrown away, those can be kept are re-arranged to be easily found. One thing for sure, I have over-bought tea and coffee and some have expired although for tea, it is stated that as long as they are sealed and not disintegrated, they are still good.

I learn to listed to my body and sleep. A lot of time is spent on tidying up things which is rather wasteful but this is what make the place neater. Despite Elliot's complaints of too many plastic containers, I bought more as I desperately need the things to look cuter, nicer and more appealing to the eyes. I plan to do section by section, area by area.

So far, I have searched, cleared, re-arranged the following spaces:- 👍

1) Underneath Kitchen Sink in Oven Kitchen - the oil, sauces and bottles - I threw one large dustbin full of bottles. The storage section still untouched. The idea is to make this space for storing large items and all the sauces and oil must be easily searchable and not just simply piled up in a mess.
2) The area next to Kangen Water Filter in Oven Kitchen, I have decided spices, herbs even instant noodles will be placed here and I have re-arranged them.
3) I have gathered a huge basketful of containers for easier find.
4) The Juciing area now has a basket of frequent used soya sauce and spices.
5) The Tea and Drinks section is rearranged into large translucnet containers that can be stacked up - I love it, I could see but not very clearly what they are.
6) The Tit-Bits Snacks area - will be done by Bel tomorrow

Week #5 3 - 9 Sept 2018

This will be a challenging week for me as I will be away in KL for 4 days and upon return, I will only have 2 days to prepare for the Cadets Junior Camp. I plan to re-cook and marinate the main dishes and hope Bel and Mel could do the survival cooking and heating up themselves for 4 days.

Mon - Chicken Rice with Sweet Corn Soup, Special Rice - to cook early morning before I leave
Tue - Potatoes Chicken
Wed - BBQ Chicken
Thu - Bolognese Mushroom, Tomatoes Sauce Spaghetti
Fri - yet to think 
Sun - I am in Camp
Mon - Holiday 
Tue - Holiday 

I need to slot in Gardening Time :-
7 Sept Friday
8 Sept Saturday

During KL time, I need to prepare
1) GB International Award Guidelines from interviews
2) Constitution Review
3) Finalise Quotations
4) SALIS Review
5) RIAM Analysis
6) New Ideas for Promo Literature Menu and Large A2 paper folded
7) Entering Third Third Evaluation







Kitchen Areas To be Done Tasks :-

1) The Wood Cabinet under the old phone - need recheck, throw and re-arrange
2) The cabinet space under the Dry Kitchen Sink needs to be re-arranged and a lot of stuff has to go
3) The Cabinets of plates and container - some to be kept away
4) The Island's Baskets of towels, kitchen towels, plastic bags - need to re-arranged
5) The Herbs Cabinet need to be cleaned up and throw away expired spices.
6) The Bakeing Cabinets - 2 large and 6 drawers - need to re-arrange
7) The Wines need to be re-checked and start to drink them


Yet to be done Tasks :-
1) Upstair Study Room - clean mop, use
2) Downstairs - Kitchen Cabinet - sort, throw, rearrange baking, cooking, Herbs, Soya, 
3) Cooking kitchen - Microwave oven where - cooking arrangement
4) Throw away shoes - re-organise the shoes boxes 
5) My Clothes - rearrange - 
6) 
7) 

Think about selling the space bed!

BIG PROJECTS :- 

1) Recylce Plan - not working out well
2) Making Soil from organic waste - how to start
3) TV room - stop ASTRO before 1 Sept
4) Upstair Study Room
5) Downstair Study Room
6) Storage Racks - re-arrange
7) Books reference - resell
8) Kitchen Dry - Cooking & Utensils, Under sink storage, coffee space, microwave
9) Cooking Kitchen - Check the sauces, re-arrange the tops for stoves and electrnics
10) Wet Kitchen - Plastic and Big Pots Storage
11) Kitchen Can food storage - reorganise so no wastage - 

The List is LONG!!!!!! It is still incomplete.

There are two wishful thinking in this :-

If we get to the bottom of the list, the house is finally in order! Then 
1) we do not need a maid permanently
2) we can get a maid in to maintain that standard for us with great discipline from our side.


No comments:

Post a Comment