Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Being Impregnated with Ideas


My brain works in a funny way. I could have spells of dryness like desert, there is nothing in my life that has life. All seem dead or dying. Those are the lifeless moments which thankfully are not that many. It most likely happened when I am ill or hospitalised or incapacitated to think due to the event at that time like I was hospitalised.

But on most days, I woke up with a To-Do List in my mind, whether I get to write them down or memorise them, they be on my mind the whole day. I might forget the key ones which I often do, but I recall them in the evening full with regrets. Sometimes, the one thing as Urgent and Important that I set up to remind myself to do, reminded myself as I entered my office, that be the one thing I forgot as much as my computer is fired up. Social media interesting readings, whatsapp messages demanding replies, some daily routine tasks will quickly fill up my mind and my time and I get to concentrate on them.

Still, there are days, I am fully concious of my To-Do List, I keep calling them to mind but the mind just decide to do the next most urgent thing on the list. Sometimes, everything looks equally important until I realise time is running out on the most urgent item, which often, its too late.

Typically though, I will feel impregnated with those ideas, those key concepts of things to do, those that are urgent and important or very important though not urgent, I could feel those ideas impregnated within my mind, body and soul. They keep me concious of their existence, importance and urgency. I will call to mind again and again as I drive out in the morning to work and remind myself again as I drive back home in the evening. They bug me like no other.

For example, towards the end of February 2016, I have the following ideas in my mind, they keep floating and reminding me the whole time :-


  1. Exercise regimes for me to loose weight
  2. Diet programmes and menu for my body to loose weight
  3. Blogging regularly
  4. Kitchen Storage Cabinets make over - Ingredient audit
  5. Menu Re-do and make over
  6. PhD research methodology finalised
  7. Exam papers for Malcolm
  8. Dealing GCU for Wallace (another nightmare)
I got lots of ideas inside my head, just insufficient time to google them and sort them out especially items that cannot be done digitally and must be manually. Such is the digital life taking over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment