Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Prodigal's Mum

Smile hang on my lips
And inwardly laughing gayly
To see my Pride and Joy
Growing up so tall

Tears flow in drops
While heart is weeping deeply
To know the sweetest cutest being
Has lost his way

Face with a frown
While soul is bleeding softly
To hear what others have to say
About my precious darling

When has time gone ?
When has my baby grown up ?
Where is his heart and soul ?
Its so lost and need to be found

The soul of a mum
Made of laughters, teardrops and blood
To God she will turn
Her fears, sorrow and dreams
As she awaits God to bring her prodigal returns

~ Doria, April 2013





1 comment:

  1. I wrote this poem at one breath after I started reading the book "Prodigals" by Ruth Bell Graham on 11 April 2013. It was a tearful fore-tell of things to be with our children's impending departure from the nest. Time and tide cannot hold it back. I as a mum is hopeless to request the return of the prodigal child.

    I was tearful even on the first page of the book. A wonderful read, highly recommended for mummies and dadies too !

    Doria April 2013

    ReplyDelete