Thursday, February 5, 2015

I thought I heard Him calling my name

Hearing God is an important of Christian journey because it is the ultimate voice of God, from heaven, from the Creator and the Source of life ! Blessed are those who hear Him, is there such verse in the Bible ? Well, that is only partially true. 


At least, the first part of Luke 11:28 sounds like it, "Blessed are those who hear the word of God ...", hear the word here of course is referred to the Bible, His Word and Instructions to us. However, the word God utters in our life matters too, that is His voice, some say its audible, loud and clear; some say it comes in a dream, a clear voice in the background or God speaking in a dream; some just simply do not hear or dream about it. 

Nonetheless, Christians often shares about hearing the voice of God in their lives, guiding, helping and the very presence of help at times of difficulties. 

I never really thought about hearing voice of God until I heard a sharing on how God called him in the middle of the night while he lay on the top side of double-dicker bed by his family nickname, only known to his closest family members. I started thinking would I hear Him call my name ?

One day after a hectic day of conference and being heavily pregnant and my car was seemingly pushed by someone to the middle of the road, at the end of that day as I sat on the floor of my living room, folding clothes for my family of four, I was nearly in tears, telling God that I think he does not love me. Then, I heard it in my heart, "Ah Tyng, you still say I don't love you ?" A load of memories of God  has helped me flashed through my mind. I was touched and broke down with tears. 

In a moment, I was assured of His love; in a flash, His peace fills my inner core; In a twinkling of an eye, I was touched by Him. The most shocking part it was not only He called my childhood family nickname, only called by my closest ones. The most shocking part was that it was in my native tongue of Hakka. A language I used when I am talking to my inner self. God speaks my language ! Cool !

I was ecstatic after I realised what has happened that night. I was speechless for a while, failing to defend my utterly little faith. I was very touched and assured. 



God is Always Near Me
Hymn Lyrics

God is always near me,
Hearing what I say;
Knowing all my thoughts and deeds,
All my work and play.

God is always near me,
In the darkest night,
He can see me just the same
As by midday light.

God is always near me,
Though so young and small;
Not a look, or word, or thought,
But God knows it all.



Note :- Exactly 500 Words !

No comments:

Post a Comment